Easy2Move LLC is dedicated to providing safe and efficient moves to each of its valued customers. To do this, the company has put some policies in place that will enable each customer to have the smoothest move possible. Our move coordinator is available to answer any questions you have about any of the following information.
Our moving estimates are based on the information you provided and our experience and expertise. This is only an estimate, actual time may vary. The actual time can vary due to lack of preparation, poor access at job site, or additional items to be moved not originally accounted for in the bid. Job cost is directly correlated to access and quantity of household goods to be moved. We do our best to accurately estimate the cost of your move but due to variables out of our control, Easy2Move does not guarantee completion time. Due to scheduling constraints Easy2Move reserves the right to send more or less personnel depending on availability and need.
1. Guidance and Walk-through: The customer or their representative must be present during the move at all times. We need your guidance! It is the customer’s responsibility to do a final “walk- through” of the premises to ensure we have taken everything. Our time runs continuously until the last items are unloaded from the truck.
2. Payment Options: Total service payment is discussed at the time of booking. Customer must have final payment ready to go at the end of the job. We accept the following forms of payment: Cash, cashier’s check, all major credit cards, or Zelle (QuickPay).
3. Cancellation/Reschedule/Deposits: Easy2Move requires a deposit for all services. Easy2Move also requires 72 hours or more notice for cancellation. If you notify us within the 72-hour period, we reserve the right not to refund the entire deposit. If you need to reschedule your date of service, we do not charge a fee unless you reschedule within the 72-hour window. If you reschedule in that window, we reserve the right to keep half of the requested deposit and the other half will be applied to the rescheduled service date.
4. How to Save Money: Pack everything into uniform sized boxes with lids and mark them with the destination room. Stay close to the action. Move delicate items in your car. We are happy, to place them there and remove them. Disassemble your furniture before we arrive. Be as clear as possible with your directions to our crew.
5. Last Minute Change of Service: If the move requires work above and beyond the original order for services, Easy2Move reserves the right to fulfill other obligations before completing additional work. For example, you originally ordered services for a two (2) room move only. On the day of the move you add additional rooms to move, not mentioned at the time of request, additional pick- ups/drop offs etc., which will significantly increase total move time. In order to make our schedule on time for the next move, we reserve the right to postpone additionally requested services till our next availability and/or after completion of other jobs that day.
6. Elevator Times & Restrictions: You must notify us of any elevator time restrictions prior to confirming your move. This will ensure that we can meet those restrictions to the best of our ability. If we are not notified of the elevator restrictions prior to booking, we will not be held responsible for meeting the time restriction. If you notify us about an elevator time restriction after your move is scheduled with us, we may not be able to meet that restriction and we will inform you if we can do so.
7. Weather Conditions: Easy2Move reserves the right to reschedule the move at an agreed upon time, without liability if there is inclement weather, including, but not limited to heavy/freezing rain, snow emergency, hurricane warning, weather travel bans etc. We will do our best to reschedule you as soon as possible.
8. Right of Refusal: Easy2Move will not do anything that we feel is unsafe. We reserve the right not to service you under dangerous, unsanitary, or abusive conditions, the determination of which is at our sole discretion, and we will not be liable to you or any other entity for direct or consequential damages.
9. Damages and Claims: Any damage claims must be submitted in writing to our claims department at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicable notes about these damages must be made in writing on the invoice on the day of your move before movers leave your premises. Our company standards do assume a full inspection of furniture by both our movers and customers; however, the final inspection is the responsibility of the customer. All of our customers sign an invoice upon completion of a move that reads “I have inspected my goods and premises, including but not limited to elevators, floors, and stairwells. There are no damages except as noted. The cab and the back of the truck are empty, and the job is complete”. For any insurance company this document is critical in noting charges the same day, to ensure the damage occurred that day and that coverage could be provided. Unless payment is made in full as is due, we are not required to answer or process a claim. Do not assume you may deduct the money from the final bill to compensate yourself in the event of damage. This is ILLEGAL.
10. Certificate of Insurance: It is your responsibility to check with your building to see if we need to provide a certificate of insurance prior to the move or any other requirements that are necessary. If we are not notified of the certificate of insurance or other requirements, we will not be held responsible. A full certificate of insurance usually requires a week to be processed. If your building needs a certificate of insurance, we will need to know who to list as certificate holder, any additionally insured, a fax number or e-mail address, and the name of a representative of whom to send it to. If you have any questions, please ask ahead of time.
11. Self-Storage: If you are loading or unloading into or out of self-storage, we are only responsible for damage caused while loading, transporting or unloading. It is the customer’s responsibility to provide padding (blankets, thick towels, padded paper, etc.) to protect their goods. Our responsibility ends when the unloading is complete. We will move items into any storage unit of your choice; however, items will be stacked in the storage unit and we have no control over people coming into or out your unit after that time. For this reason, our insurance coverage stops as soon as we unload the contents into storage. Days, weeks or months later, if damage is claimed or if items are claimed lost or misplaced, there will be no coverage. Self-Storage moves are 100% at the customers own risk. Please purchase or rent pads and we will be happy to pad your furniture to keep it safe in storage. Keep in mind when we unload, we take our pads with us unless you purchase them.
12. Long Distance/Interstate Moves: Long-distance jobs are any starting location 45 miles or more away from our location. For long distance, only cash is accepted for any balance due on the day of service. If you wish to use other forms of payment, please discuss with Easy2Move representative at the time your service is booked. Long-distance moves require a 50% deposit to secure crew and truck, 40% due 3 days before scheduled service date and the final 10% due when movers arrive on-site. For all interstate moves we require a 40% deposit to secure crew and truck and the remaining 60% balance due at the close of the job.
13. Parking Arrangements: Customer is responsible for all necessary parking arrangements for the truck. Because you are familiar with the parking situation on your street, you must decide if you need one or if you can manage parking on your own. In most cases we require 20-40 feet to park the truck. If parking is an issue at arrival time, the crew will start your moving clock while they search for parking. Driver reserves the right to park anywhere at his discretion to better perform services, even if it is illegal and/or he has to double-park. Customer agrees to pay any parking fees or tickets assessed to the carrier for any vehicle under hire by the customer at the time of the charge.
14. Driveways: Easy2Move will not drive our truck off of the street surface or on very steep surfaces. Please be aware that positioning a large truck into some driveways may be extremely difficult. Easy2Move will not be responsible for any damage to your driveway, lawn, trees. Etc. Our drivers are very experienced and will be as careful as possible when positioning the truck.
15. Safe Pathways & Access to Abode: Please ensure that your walkways are safe especially in the winter and if there are any access problems: hills, long unpaved driveways, loose gravel, etc., please let us know. Easy2Move will not take a truck off pavement or on steep grades. Easy2Move will not drive a truck over freshly graveled driveways, lawn sidewalk or other areas not designated for truck traffic. Doing so may cause ruts in the grass, cracking of concrete, loss of vegetation, damage to underground sprinklers, drain fields or other damage. Easy2Move is not responsible for any damage or towing charges, which may result, whether foreseeable or not. Any time spent repositioning the truck(s) or time lost due to truck(s) getting stuck will be at customer's expense.
16. Small Spaces: Sometimes modern-day furniture does not fit into locations with small places. Our crew will do their best, but we cannot be held responsible if an item does not fit into your residence. Easy2Move will not be responsible for damage caused by any non-routine moving including, but not limited to; hoisting, standing pieces on end, handing items over railings, sharp turns, overcrowded areas, and tight hallways/entrances.
17. Unsafe/Unique Moving Circumstances: We are often asked to perform tasks that border on the impossible. Easy2Move will not be responsible for damage caused by non-routine moving including but not limited to, standing pieces on end, sharp turns, overcrowded work areas, difficult stairways, snags and sharp edges in work areas and doorways, handing over balconies, railings, etc., tight squeezes, and damage caused by weather. Easy2Move is not responsible for any direct or indirect damage to items or surroundings, as a result of a specific customer request. You will be asked to sign a waiver if we agree to attempt a move that we deem unsafe or unreasonable.
18. Help with Your Move: Insurance regulations prohibit us from allowing you on the truck and if you choose to help with any part of the move, per our contract, we are excluded from liability for the entire move.
19. Items that MUST Be Removed Prior to Moving Day: On moving day please make sure you have all the following items removed and placed in your vehicle or a secure & locked area: All medications, checks, passports, documents, precious stones, jewelry, cash, coins, expensive china & glassware, credit cards, firearms, statuary, flammables, stocks & bonds, furs, fine art, collectibles, computers, laptops, gaming consoles and games or other similar valuables. Easy2Move LLC is not liable for damages to the items in this list if they are packed into the truck.
20. Freezer/Refrigerator Move: We only move empty freezers/refrigerators. We are happy to load these last and unload them first.
21. Grandfather Clocks: You are responsible for removing the pendulum, chimes and weights. Clocks are very delicate and may need to be retuned or adjusted after your move has been completed by a professional.
22. Dresser Drawers, File Cabinets, Desk Drawers: Please empty all dresser drawers, file cabinets and desk drawers. Remember that the furniture will have to be lifted and carried, so if it’s overstuffed and extra heavy it will be more difficult to handle. If the furniture will have to be navigated through challenging obstacles, like a winding staircase, it’s usually best to remove everything, even the drawers, as it may be necessary to flip the furniture on its side or upside-down to get it through. The more prepared you are the more efficient we can be and the quicker the job can be completed. Loose and unpacked items can add time to the estimate.
23. Marble: Easy2Move will not be responsible for all types of marble, due to the age or hairline crack that can cause splitting. We recommend that you place the marble in your personal vehicles for safe transportation.
24. Flat Screen TVs: These are susceptible to damage from extreme temperatures, slight bumps, and altitude changes. The original packaging is the best. In any case, please note that in the absence of physical evidence of external damage or negligence (visible damage) we are not responsible for TVs functioning after delivery. Please note item #4 in our EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY.
25. Simulated Wood Products and Pressed Board: These products have poor structural integrity, which does not lend itself to moving or repair. We will move these items carefully but cannot be responsible for damage of simulated wood or pressed board furniture. These items are excluded from any and all moving insurance coverage. A helpful tip from Easy2Move: Furniture manufactured from pressboard and particleboard is designed to go into a box when it is moved from the manufacturer to the retailer then to the customer unassembled. It is not built to withstand the normal stresses of a move as an assembled unit. For these reasons, moving companies and third-party insurers do not offer increased insurance coverage for these types of items. Pressed wood and particleboard furniture are moved at your own risk!
26. Kids and Pets: For safety reasons and their protection, small children and pets must be out of work area.
27. Disassemble & Re-assemble: Easy2Move does not re-assemble any item that we did not disassemble unless we feel it is safe. We can take apart simple items like bed frames; take legs off of tables, etc. We cannot disassemble or assemble any cribs. All CRIBS must be disassembled prior to moving day. Easy2Move will not assemble or take apart anything that is too complex or that requires a manual. Please ask us prior to the move if you have a question.
28. Hoisting: Easy2Move reserves the right not to hoist items in or out of your residence. We are not responsible for removing windows or doors to get large pieces of furniture in and out of the residence.
29. Aging and Deterioration: When moving household items, Easy2Move has found deterioration occurs over time due to age/heat/dry rotting. Wood dowels and furniture, mattresses lump and disfigure upon disturbing, lampshades and wiring also become brittle and rotten, and floor lamp base concrete may crumble and fell out. If you wish, we will move them carefully, but will not be responsible for damage of deteriorated items.
30. Flammables and Combustibles: Easy2Move will not move any flammable or hazardous material due to safety laws and DOT regulations. Moving companies are not legally permitted to transport any hazardous materials! Non-allowable items include: sterno (jelled fuel), Fire Extinguishers, Household Batteries, Matches, Aerosols, Chemistry Sets, Kerosene, Cleaning Solvents, Darkroom Chemicals, Gasoline, Ammonia, Pool Chemicals, Propane/Propane Tanks, Nail Polish, Nail Polish Remover, Motor Oil, Fireworks, Car Batteries, Charcoal, Charcoal Lighter, Liquid Bleach, Fertilizer, Paints (latex & oil-based), Paint Thinner, Pesticides, Firearms, Ammunition, Poisons (such as weed killer), Lamp Oils, Fuels. Customers must make other arrangements to transport these items.
31. Potted Plants: Especially larger ones are very difficult to move when full. The vibrations of the truck can sometimes crack the pots when full. We will be able to move your potted plants for you if you wish. We do not move large potted plants weighing over 30 lbs. Easy2Move will not be responsible for any damages to any potted plants or the pot/container they are planted in.
32. Electrical Connection & Dis-connection: Easy2Move are not licensed plumbers/electricians. We cannot disconnect any water, electrical, or gas lines from any appliance or item. Any assistance we give is as a courtesy only.
33. Pianos & Safe Moving: Easy2Move loves moving big stuff. We move upright pianos, gun safes, jeweler safes, High-back pianos etc. Please check with us prior to the move to make sure we can safely move it. We move pianos & safes up or down any stairs.